Spider Trap Guide : How to Buy effective Spider Traps
Why should I buy Catchmaster Sticky Glue Spider Traps?
50 years of Quality Spider Traps, and Made in the USA (New York City)!
Don't accept imported, cheap, homemade, or flashy spider traps.
This inexpensive but effective spider glue trap is backed by extensive research in spider behavior.
Spider House Traps, do they work?
How do Spider traps work? The secret to effectively trap a spider is having several traps. Spiders tend to hide in small spaces, and they don't roam too far. So several spider glue traps in an area can be more effective than a single spider trap.
The scent bait embedded in the glue of Catchmaster spider traps has been proven effective over 50 years.
A Sticky Spider Trap that works!
A non toxic, non pesticide, poison free attractant spider bait is embedded in the sticky glue trap.
Spiders are drawn to the non-toxic bait that is INSIDE THE GLUE.
Use Catchmaster Spider traps to catch common brown and black household spiders and trap the Brown Recluse spider and Hobo spiders. Kill Spiders with these effective spider glue traps that also catch any other crawling pest / insect! (except ants).
Additional insects caught in the spider trap become even more powerful bait for the spiders. (also can be used as a cricket trap)
Learn about CatchMaster spider traps below:
Spider Pest Control Information
Household Spider Infestation Control of the brown recluse spider can take a long time (6 months or more) and can be difficult because people have a very low tolerance for this pest, it tends to be widely dispersed within infested buildings, and it seeks secluded sites. Spider Control including the common house spiders, hobo spiders, and brown recluse spiders is best achieved by following an integrated pest management (IPM) approach. IPM involves using multiple approaches such as preventive measures, exclusion, sanitation, brown recluse spider traps and chemical treatment when necessary.
- Use brown recluse spider traps to capture spiders.
- Dust and vacuum thoroughly to remove spiders, webs, and egg sacs (dispose of the vacuum bag in a container outdoors).
- Use a rolled up newspaper or fly swatter to kill individual spiders.
Preventing spider bites
- Shake out clothing and shoes before getting dressed, common and recluse spiders can hide in tight spaces
- Inspect bedding and towels before use.
- Wear gloves when handling firewood, lumber, and rocks (be sure to inspect the gloves for spiders before putting them on).
- Remove bed skirts and storage boxes from underneath beds. Move the bed away from the wall.
- Exercise care when handling cardboard boxes (brown recluse spiders often are found in the space under folded cardboard flaps).
- Install tight-fitting screens on windows and doors; also install door sweeps.
- Seal or caulk cracks and crevices where spiders can enter the house.
- Install yellow or sodium vapor light bulbs outdoors since these attract fewer insects for spiders to feed upon.
- Tape the edges of cardboard boxes to control spider entry.
- Use plastic bags (sealed) to store loose items in the garage, basement, and attic.
Sanitation to improve spider control
- Remove trash, old boxes, old clothing, wood piles, rock piles, and other unwanted items.
- Eliminate clutter in closets, basements, attics, garages, and outbuildings.
- Do not stack wood against the house.
- Clean up dead insects that the brown recluse spider can feed on.
Spider Trap Coverage Calculations
How many safe recluse spider traps are needed for effective spider control?
A typical 3 bedroom home / apartment requires 15 recluse spider traps
Sticky Spider Glue Traps will remain effective for 3 months.
- 5 Traps in Bedroom #1 - At each of 4 bedposts, 1 in closet
- 5 Traps in Bedroom #2 - At each of 4 bedposts, 1 in closet
- 1 Spider Trap in the Bathroom - Behind Toilet
- 2 Spider Traps in the Kitchen - 1 trap near refrigerator, 1 trap near sink
- 3 Spider Traps in the Living Room - 1 by Front Door, 2 traps on the opposite side of room
- For a total of 15 spider traps every 90 days.
(The best value is the 60 traps special which provides you with 4 sets of 15 traps, covering you for 1 whole year!)
Directions for using Spider Traps
- Fold at score lines
- Peel release paper
- Place Tab in slot
Spider Traps Easy to Use Instructions
Fold trap along score lines into box shape. Peel release paper to expose sticky glue. Stick end flap to the top and form trap. Sticky side goes in! Place trap where spiders have been seen. Place the trap along baseboards, near doorways and at the corners of rooms. Dispose of traps when full or at least every 3 months. In case of contact, glue can be removed with vegetable oil.
Caution: trapped spiders could still be alive and able to inflict painful bites.